It’s easy to forget to lock the front door or close the garage- we lead busy lives! However, residents who make such careless mistakes will suffer great consequences. It is so important to keep a target off of your home; break-ins are much more common than one may think. Without the proper precautions and Connecticut homeowners insurance, families may find themselves suffering financial crisis and loss. Luckily, our trusty insurance agency has a few tips to offer when it comes to preventing a break-in as well as reliable coverage.
• Avoid leaving a spare key outdoors. Burglars can and most likely will find it.
• Keep bushes and shrubs trimmed around your front door to prohibit hiding.
• Never forget to shut your garage and lock your doors.
• Keep all windows locked while you are not around, even second floor windows.
• Invest in a reliable alarm system that will notify the police if set off.
• Avoid showcasing your wealth outside. Keep bikes and valuables in a shed or in the garage.
• Install flood lights around your home.
• If you are not home, keep a few lights on indoors. This may fool burglars.
• If you have moved into a new home, make sure you change the locks.
No one should have to deal with the aftermath of a break-in, from damages to losses. That is why these tips and precautions are so important to take note of and follow.
It is also crucial to make sure you are protected from the worst case scenario. While these tips may help reduce your chances of a break-in, there is no guarantee. With reliable Connecticut homeowners insurance in place, residents will not have to fear unexpected finances, repairs and replacements. You may even decide to add a valuable articles or floaters insurance policy to your plan. Your home is your greatest investment- it should always be protected!