- look for ceiling stains: this could be evidence of water damage in your roof, and needs to be addressed immediately! Try to isolate it as quickly as possible to prevent a total loss to your entire roof structure
- missing shingles: replace these as soon as you spot them, for they could cause leaks and further damages with your roof.
- curled shingles: this means that there’s age trouble with your roof, and you should look into replacing it. Make sure to get professional help when repairing your roof.
- heavy buildup in gutters: this is a result of your shingles deteriorating…not a good thing. Once this happens, it is a domino effect and can lead to wide spread damage.
- cracked flashing: this is the metal internal part of your roof that is connected to the exterior base of your chimney and other sections of your roof. A damaged flashing can result in water damage, so they should be sealed as quickly as possible.
So make sure to keep a close eye on your roof for the remaining winter season. A good snow storm could result in roof damage, so make sure your roof is in tip-top shape! You surely don’t want to file a claim on your CT homeowners insurance due to an overlooked roof leak!