Are you aware that March is American Red Cross Month? Our CT insurance agency is! During this month, it is important to remember the importance of having disaster and emergency plans. Nothing has ever stopped the unexpected before; Americans have faced a variety of harsh weather conditions over the years, from catastrophic flooding to ground-shaking earthquakes.
Now would be a great time to go over your own disaster plans, evacuation routes and emergency kits. It is important that you are not only prepared to tackle the worst case scenario, but prepared to help others, too. Here are a few ways you can recognize this special month:
• Check out the wide variety of programs that American Red Cross offers: CPR, first aid, disaster response and emergency preparedness training.
• Build or update your emergency supply kit.
• Have an emergency plan or evacuation route planned and make sure your family is aware of it!
• Look into your home insurance. CT residents should not forget about supplemental policies such as earthquake and flood insurance. Both are crucial for emergency preparedness.
• Make it a habit to watch the news and weather to keep yourself aware of any warnings.
When an emergency presents itself, it is crucial for Americans to be 100% ready. If not, they may find themselves in trouble, physically or financially.
At Paradiso Insurance, we do not want to see our clients suffer through the hard times. With the proper insurance, CT residents will not have to worry about an unexpected flood or even storm passing through. As long as they take care of themselves, we will take care of the rest. Allow us to help keep your home, valuables and family safe!