If you’re planning a day out with the family in the near future, we have some advice for you today! Our agency is always looking to keep our clients, customers, family and friends safe and free from worry, so today, we wanted to give you some sunburn tips, on how you can avoid getting sunburnt altogether, or treat sunburn if you do get caught by the sun’s powerful rays. Depending on your plans, you could check out our other blogs on staying hydrated, the best CT beaches to visit this summer, or even check out our favorite healthy poolside snacks. For now, let’s talk about some of our agency’s best sunburn tips!
When it comes to sunburn tips, let’s start with avoiding sunburn altogether, in case you haven’t gone out quite yet. Here’s what you can do in order to avoid sunburn while enjoying a nice day out:
- Avoid being out in the sun during peak UV ray hours of 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Seek shade periodically.
- Wear clothing that has UPF protection.
- Wear sunglasses that have UV protection.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat to avoid getting sunburn on your face.
- Be sure to apply sunscreen before going outdoors that has SPF 30 or higher (and re-apply every 2 hours).
If you’ve already enjoyed a day out but you came home with some sunburn, then our next set of sunburn tips will help you with treating it:
- Take a pain reliever – something like Advil or Tylenol can help reduce the sensation of pain if your skin feels tender.
- Take a cool bath – taking a shower could be worse if the water keeps forcefully hitting your skin, but relaxing in a cold bath helps your skin retain moisture while you heal.
- Use aloe – aloe vera is a perfect cooling agent and an anti-inflammatory to help reduce pain immediately and expedite your healing process.
- Drink plenty of water – staying hydrated is very important if you have sunburn. Bad sunburns can cause the body to dehydrate, experience fatigue, or lead to heat stroke if not treated.
We hope these sunburn tips help you throughout the whole summer! Having a hard time figuring out how to spend your time this summer? We put a list together of our favorite summer activities, simply click the link below to learn more!