New England weather is finally looking up! At times, we thought the sun would never show its face. Now that spring has sprung, it is a great time to get a head start on spring cleaning. Yes, we know. It may not be the first thing you want to be doing once the weather gets nice, but now is the perfect time to lighten up your home.
This week, we have put together a great guide for successful spring cleaning. This is a sure way to get you inspired and started. Are you ready to begin?
• Bedrooms: It’s time to strip those beds of warm and fuzzy flannel sheets and replace them with cotton! Clean out all closets of winter gear and make room for light clothing options. You may also want to go through any drawers or desks that are filled with junk/clutter.
• Living room: Dust, dust, dust! Change up the mood/theme by turning to lighter colors and spring-inspired pieces – whether that means a new paint job, new throw pillows or fresh flowers.
• Bathrooms: Clean sinks, toilets, tiled floors, showers, tubs, etc. You want to make it shine!
• Kitchen: Clean out the pantry and fridge – especially if there are expired items lying around. Again, go through any drawers and clear clutter, if necessary.
• Other: Clean all floors, whether rug or hardwood. If you want a professional to take care of this, be sure to schedule an appointment. Also, make all the windows in your home SHINE!
So, what are you waiting for? Print out this checklist, grab a pair of gloves and get to cleaning! Believe us, you will feel refreshed and rejuvenated once you take a good look at your clean and clutter-free home.
If you are interested in updating your home insurance this season, do not hesitate to call our agents at Paradiso Insurance. We would be more than happy to look over your existing coverage and make changes where necessary.