Hairdresser Insurance

If you own a hair salon, rent a chair in another person’s salon, or you’re a mobile hairdresser, then you need to make sure you have the right coverage in place for your business.

Aside from protecting the business you’re working hard to build; you need to make sure that you, your staff (if you have them), and your customers are covered.

What type of Hairdresser Insurance do you need to buy?

There are many types of insurance that a hairdresser could buy.

What matters to you most right now is getting the best value for the best coverage and only paying out for the insurance you actually need.

If you have a brick and mortar business, your coverage options are going to be slightly different from those who simply rent a chair in a salon or who provide mobile hairdressing services.

Here’s a quick summary of the best hairdresser insurance options for each category.

I run my hairdresser business from a salon 

I run my hairdresser business from someone else’s salon 

I am a mobile-only hairdresser

The above list of insurance types for hairdressers is a basic guideline only.

There could be certain add-ons that you might need depending on the specifics of the services you offer.

If you want to get a quote for hairdresser insurance that is tailored to you, we encourage you to call our team to discuss how we can best help you meet your needs.

What risks do hairdressers face in their business?

As a service-oriented business, your customers, staff, and company are faced with daily risks that you need to insure yourself against.

Some of the most typical risks faced by hairdressers at work include:

There is perhaps more here than you might have first considered, and, as hairdressers and salon insurance experts, we understand the common and not-so-common risks faced by hairdressers.

Our team can help offer guidance on the right type of coverage to buy, and we will obtain a range of quotes for you with your individual needs and budget in mind.

If you lease a salon, do you still need to buy commercial property coverage?

The first thing you should do is check your lease agreement to see what that stipulates regarding the specific type of insurance you need to buy.

While most landlords will have their own property insurance in place, you may also find that you are contractually obliged to buy coverage as well.

Commercial property insurance also covers your inventory, furnishings, company signage, and more.

If you lease a chair to another professional, do they need their own insurance?

Yes, it’s always a good idea to ask any self-employed individual working on your premises to provide their own certificate of liability insurance.

Make sure you take a copy for your records if this is the case.

If I offer mobile appointments as well as salon-based insurance, what coverage should I buy?

You should buy coverage for your salon and let your insurer know you also provide services on a mobile basis too.

Usually, this means you need to ensure you have adequate coverage for your vehicle, and this could mean buying a commercial auto insurance policy to give you coverage for traveling to different locations on a regular basis.

If you’re considering buying hairdresser insurance for your business, whether you are a mobile hairdresser or you have a salon, it’s important to speak with an experienced commercial insurance agent first.

At Paradiso Insurance, we believe that by partnering with our clients, we can provide you with the best levels of coverage and make the process as easy as possible for you.

We have a friendly, knowledgeable team that is ready and waiting to answer your questions and offer you the help you need to get your hairdresser insurance in place quickly.

Get A Quote Today