Hello March! We are so glad you have finally arrived because in just a
few weeks, spring will be here! As a homeowner, this means a few things.
First, it is important to get those taxes filed before the deadline.
Second, now is a good time to check in on your Connecticut homeowners insurance policy since the harsh winter weather will be coming to an
end. Third, it time to start spring cleaning!
While spring cleaning may seem like a daunting task, we have a great idea that will make it much more enjoyable (and profitable!) Have you considered putting together a yard sale? This is a great way to rid of the old without tossing it in the garbage. For those who have never held a yard sale, we have a few tips to share:
• Make sure you have enough items to put out. If not, you can always ask friends and family if they have any inventory they would like to throw in!
• Make your items look presentable. If you have clothing, consider finding a place to hang them up as opposed to tossing them in a bin.
• Price out your items before you put them out.
• Place an advertisement in the local paper or even on telephone poles in the area. Signs around the neighborhood are also effective!
• Keep an open mind when a potential buyer wants to negotiate. If you are too stubborn, you may not sell as much as you had hoped.
• Go to the bank beforehand to get enough change. Being short change for a customer is not good!
As you can see, it is fairly simple to put together a yard sale. The best part? Your valuables will not go to waste! “One man’s junk is another man’s treasure.”
All this talk about yard sales has got our agency thinking: there is going to be A LOT of strangers and buyers on your property! Luckily, reliable Connecticut homeowners insurance will be able to cover any unexpected accidents or injuries on your property. Besides liability, a typical policy will also cover the physical structure of your home, personal possessions, replacement costs and additional living expenses.
Good luck with your sale!