There is a lot to celebrate around this time of year – from the beginning of sprinChris on Google+
g to Easter or Passover. If you will be celebrating with friends and families this weekend, we want to make sure you arrive with a delicious dish. How about dessert? This Pistachio Pound Cake is simply scrumptious!
To bake, you will need:
• Nonsticking vegetable oil spray
• 2 cups flour (possibly more!)
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 sticks unsalted butter (at room temp)
• 2 cups sugar
• 5 eggs
• 2 tbs lemon juice
• 2 tbs orange juice
• 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
• 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
• 1 cup unsalted pistachios that are coarsely chopped and divided
Time to make the cake!
• Preheat the oven to 325 F and make sure there is a rack placed in the middle.
• Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and dust with flour, if need be.
• In a medium bowl, whisk 2 cups of flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
• In another bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.
• Add sugar to butter mixture and mix for 2 minutes.
• Add eggs ONE AT A TIME to mix, beating in between additions.
• Add the juices and zests until combined (about 3 minutes.)
• Add dry ingredients and reduce speed to low.
• Fold in ¾ cups pistachios.
• Pour batter into pan and sprinkle the remaining pistachios on top.
• Bake for 90 minutes. Halfway through baking, rotate cake.
• Once tester comes out clean, cake is done!
Once cooled, simply cut a piece and enjoy. This recipe is sure to be a hit at any spring event or holiday! And you know if Paradiso Insurance recommends it, then it has to be good!