It is no secret that gas prices just continue to rise and rise. Consequently, Americans may tend to pass on other necessities in order to save a few bucks here and there. If you are thinking about skimping on your Connecticut auto insurance, think again. Having reliable coverage is crucial, no matter how expensive it is to fill up these days. Luckily, we have a few ways to save on gas AND insurance.
First, here are a few ways to save on gas:
• Fill up in the AM when gas is at its densest.
• If you are driving on the highway, roll up your windows. Having the windows down will create more of a drag.
• Have your tires checked and make sure they are properly filled.
• Take advantage of cruise control if you have it.
• Designate an “errand” day to avoid going out back and forth all week.
• The simple solution: go the speed limit! Speeding and constantly breaking and revving your engine is sure to waste gas.
• Empty the junk out of your trunk. Having heavy objects will weigh down your car.
If you are looking to save on your Connecticut auto insurance premium, look no further. Our agency can offer a variety of discounts, including: low mileage, student, mature driver, good driving record, safety, etc. There is really a discount for everyone, so be sure to ask and find out what you may apply for.