While there is still another month or so left of summer weather in Connecticut, it is never too soon to start preparing your summer toys for storage. Whether you have been kayaking all summer long or taking the boat out every weekend, these items will need be properly prepared and stored during the cold fall and winter months.
Where should you begin? Allow us to help:
• Make sure all items are clean to avoid rusting, mold, etc.
• Storing a boat? Fill the fuel tank with stabilizing gasoline, remove attached hardware, flush the engine cooling system with clean water, use fogging oil, etc.
• Choose a reliable place to store your boat and/or watercrafts.
• ALWAYS cover your summer toys to keep them in tip-top shape.
• Check in with your insurance agent to be sure that your watercraft will be covered in the event that it is damaged while on land and in storage.
If you follow the tips above, your items will be kept safe and sound until next summer arrives, when you can do it all over again!
If you are much more interested in learning about coverage for your summer toys, contact our agency. We would be happy to discuss out watercraft insurance policy, which can be put in place for your boat, jet ski, etc. Feel free to give us a call at 800-660-2991 or fill out a free quote form on our website!