In keeping with yesterday’s theme of “at the office,” today we’re going to look at the different ways in which you can maintain (or start) a healthy lifestyle and/or eating habits while at work, where we all know diets can easily go to die on just one can of regular soda and a salt- riddled bag of chips for a snack.
We all know it and we’ve all done it before. Have an unhealthy snack, soft drink, or lunch at work one day, and then low and behold, that diet that you were working so hard on has gone right out the window. But it’s understandable! You’re busy at work and have little time to eat, so that quick fried chicken sandwich is what will get you through the afternoon. Or we also know you’re in a rush in the morning, and either skip breakfast entirely (HUGE no-no), or pack a quick lunch that doesn’t reflect healthy choices.
Whatever the case may be, we’ve found some ways in which you can maintain healthy eating habits while at work, which we know will pay dividends down the road for your health, and your CT health insurance coverage!
- Skip the elevator and take the stairs! Now we aren’t saying this is going to immediately cure your health problems, but a couple flights will get your heart pumping and better your circulation, which is great especially in the beginning of the day!
- Water is always your best friend. While the coffee tastes good and gives you a boost, there’s nothing better to have then water. Hydration is key to a healthy lifestyle, and it always starts at the faucet!
- Eat breakfast! Don’t skip out on this meal, because it starts your metabolism for the day, and with a low running metabolism, your health isn’t going to gain from any good eating that you do. Make sure to have a substantial breakfast (healthy choices of course!) in order to start your day off right.
- Exercise your eyes. What do we mean by that? Well, chances are if you stare at a computer screen all day, you aren’t providing your eyes with the motion they need to stay healthy. So what to do? Pick something down the hallway of the office and stare at it for a couple minutes (without looking like a total creeper) in order to give your eyes the exercise they need.
- If you can, take a walk after lunch. This little bit of exercise helps with your digestion and in fact increases your mental drive that will certainly make you more viable in the afternoon.
Want even more tips? Tune in tomorrow to find out the rest!