Well today’s your lucky day because below are some safety tips that you can execute in order to avoid the absolute terror that a collapsed or caved-in roof can cause.
- Avoid Ice Damming- when the water freezes in your gutters- yeah, not cool.
- Try to knock off, AS CAREFULLY AS POSSIBLE, icicles from the ledge of your roof and gutter
- Make sure you purchase a roof rake to pull off the snow. The weight of the snow could cause a collapse or leak through your roof.
- Make sure your attic is properly insulated, as well as the roof itself, because leaking is a very, very bad thing to deal with.
- Make sure your ventilation is up to date because if not, it could go into overdrive, and thus jack up your energy bills.
So make sure all of that snow is properly off your roof unless dealing with a collapsed roof is your cup of tea. Living in New England, you need to be as prepared as possible, so don’t take anything that Mother Nature throws at you for granted! Clear off the snow!!