When the weather warms up and spring is in the air, that means many
things, but most CT homeowners out there also think that this is a great
time to clean the house. Trust me, everyone should do some type of spring cleaning, whether it’s just reorganizing the house or conducting a complete cleaning over haul.
If you don’t know when or where to start, have no fear! We’ve provided you with the ultimate checklist for all of your spring cleaning needs.
- Check all storm drains, wells and fences
- trim landscaping such as trees, bushes and other large plants
- if you have a sprinkler system, check it to make sure it’s ready to go for the summer months
- Pool? Make sure that’s in tip-top shape!
- give the outside, and the inside, a fresh coat of paint if needed
- make sure any chimneys or ventilation systems are properly running
- Don’t forget the roof! This is one of the most important parts of your home, and can easily be the most expensive to fix or replace
- Gutters- I know, this is the worst job ever, but it needs to be done
- look for any termite damage or other signs of insect infestation
- Have a deck? check it for any type of structural damage.
- Check your air conditioning. We all know that the heat can really crank up during the summer so make sure your air conditioning is working great.
Now this is just a brief list of tasks to accomplish when cleaning out the house this spring season. Your CT homeowners insurance provider wishes you happy cleaning!