Enjoying the outdoors and beautifying neighborhoods are two of the upsides to running a landscaping business. But as a business owner being mindful of the not so glamorous part of the job is important too. One of those items on your to-do list is ensuring your business is protected by the right insurance policy.
Landscapers Need Insurance
Landscaping insurance is a great way to protect your business from the potentially devastating effects such losses can have on your financial future. Here are some sticky situations you may find yourself or one of your employees in:
- Pets or humans get sick from herbicides or pesticides used on the property
- One of your employees gets injured on the job and files a claim against you
- A client or non-employee slips and falls or gets hurt in your work area, and decides to sue you
- Damage is accidentally done to a clients property, and they sue you
- A piece of your equipment is damaged preventing you from working
- Your truck, van, or car gets in an accident; or is hit by another vehicle while parked (it’s important to note most personal auto policies don’t cover vehicles used for business)
- You apply fertilizers or chemicals to a yard, and it burns the grass
- One of your employees steals an item from one of your clients
- Your office, equipment workshop, or even computer are damaged by a flood, wind storm, or another natural disaster
Landscapers and other various lawn care businesses are often exposed to risks that can lead to accidents and financial loss. Landscaping insurance can protect your business from the potentially devastating effects that can result from those risks.
Basic landscaping and lawn care insurance:
- General Liability: This is the most common form of landscaping liability insurance. It covers instances of bodily injury, property damage, and other liabilities for which your business is responsible. Certain clients might consider this coverage a prerequisite to working for them.
- Commercial Auto: If you use your vehicle to transport work supplies such as mowers, fertilizer, and tools, you’ll likely need a commercial auto policy. Standard auto policies typically have coverage limitations or restrictions for vehicles used for work. We insure many vehicles common to landscapers including dump trucks, pick-ups, and utility trailers.
Other insurance for landscapers:
- Business Owners Policy (BOP): Combines General Liability and coverage for commercial buildings and personal property into one package.
- Workers’ Compensation: Protects your employees who become injured or ill while at work.
As business owners, we know you never know what the day might bring. In addition to protecting your business with the right insurance coverage, we want to make sure when you need us, we are here for you. That is why we created a mobile app for our clients.
This app is no joke; it’s the perfect sidekick for you to take on the go, providing you with all of your insurance needs, at any time and any place. This app provides you with direct contact to your insurance agent right from its homepage, in case you need to contact your agent quickly for any reason. Not only that, but it also lets you make records of your valuables, insured property, and vehicles, and helps you file a claim in case anything goes wrong.
For instance, if you were to get in an accident, you could take pictures of your vehicle and the surrounding environment that was affected, document your pictures with notes attached, and send them directly to your agent, all right within our app! It also gives you tips and advice for accidents, simplifies complicated insurance processes, and even lets you pay your bills on the go! You can download our app today by simply searching “Insurance Agent” in your mobile device’s app store.