Are you worried about your small business’ plumbing during the cold winter? We’ve recently been experiencing some frigid temperatures in CT, and the last thing any business owner needs is frozen or burst pipes wrecking havoc. If your business ever experiences a problem like this, you may be forced to shut down your operations until the issue is resolved, which may cause you to lose some money. In order to avoid burst pipes and filing claims on your commercial insurance, here are some tips for CT business owners:
• Shut off your water when your community is anticipating a large storm.
• If your pipes do freeze, shutting them off immediately can help prevent them from bursting. If this happens, contact your local plumber right away.
• Periodically check your pipes for cracks and leaks. If you see any sort of damage make sure you get repaired as soon as possible.
• Keep the temperature in your building at 65 degrees at all times.
• Install installation and wrap pipes with heating tape.
At Paradiso Insurance Agency we want small business owners in CT to have the coverage they need regarding burst pipes this winter. If you have any questions about this type of incidence and how it may affect your commercial insurance, contact us today.