Do you sell products to consumers? If this is the type of business you run, it is important to know that quality checking and control is crucial. If not, you may find your business facing a liability suit much sooner than later!
Here are a few ways you can ensure all products are risk-free:
• Hire an employee whose main job is to quality check and inspect your products.
• Make sure all employees are on the lookout for faulty products and issues. Even a small malfunction could lead to a large lawsuit.
• Examine all elements of your operation, from product production to customer service to shipping methods.
• Create a sheet of standards that each product must meet… and meet them!
• Make sure your salesmen and marketing team understand the product and learn to market it correctly (and to the right audience!)
Remember: while these tactics may help lower the risk of an injury or accident, it does not mean you will avoid one 100%. To protect your business, it is best to purchase the right business insurance policies. Our Connecticut agency can provide you with general liability and excess liability insurance; just contact us for a free quote!