As independent insurance agents, we at Paradiso Insurance are ready to help you protect your home. We’re eager to show you the benefits you realize when you shop local and work with a local, independent insurance agency. Just like you, many of us here are proud homeowners. Our homes are where we find safety and comfort after a hard day’s work. They’re where we fly our flags every patriotic holiday and, most likely, more often than that.
But without the proper guidance, many homeowners don’t realize that there could be gaps in their existing homeowners policy. Did you know that you may want to consider an umbrella policy to cover additional valuables on your property?
Here To Help
That’s why we’re committed to helping you understand your coverage options needed to help insure your home, and to helping you find the best rate by shopping all of our carriers. We’ll talk with you to get a firm grasp on the exposures you face, and then work to make sure you don’t have any coverage gaps that could cost you money down the road. As a local, independent insurance agency, we have direct access to multiple carriers, so we can quickly compare rates and coverages and get you the best possible homeowners insurance.
We’ve found that some insurance companies are best suited for older or historic preservation homes. Others have a sweet spot for country homes and old farm homes. Years of experience have taught us the value of shopping around for the best coverage for each home. Whether you’re located in Stafford Springs or anywhere else in Connecticut, we can help you protect what matters most. Here’s what you should expect from a basic Connecticut homeowners insurance policy.
A Basic Homeowners Policy
- Coverage for your building and outbuildings, including garages, sheds, barns and cabanas.
- Coverage for personal property at a percentage of your building limit. There are certain limitations, such as theft loss to jewelry and gems, furs, gold, silverware, pewter, guns and more. Very limited coverage may be available for other types of property, such as money, stamps, fine arts, antiques, electronics and boating equipment, regardless of the cause of loss.
- Limited coverage for personal property permanently kept at storage facilities.
- Additional living expenses, such as the extra cost of temporary housing, food and other things, when you’re forced from your home by a covered cause of loss.
- Liability coverages, in case you accidentally injure someone or damage their property.
- Defense costs, including hiring and paying for a lawyer, if necessary, and paying most court costs.
- Medical payments for minor injuries to people other than residents of the household.
What else should I consider?
There are other considerations, too. Our team of local insurance pros can help you understand things like coinsurance and replacement cost issues, and can customize your protection with endorsements or other policies. These extra coverages might include:
- Valuable articles/floater insurance policies, also known as jewelry insurance
- Flood or earthquake protection
- Umbrella policies, offering added liability protection
- Animal liability, in case your household pet causes harm
Call us today at 860-684-5270 and let us help you tailor a policy that is specific for your home and your valuables.