The consequences of workers compensation fraud can be severe, however let’s be honest… have you ever really given it a thought as a business owner? With the countless other tasks and obligations that you have while running a business, CT workers comp can not be left in the dust. Furthermore, if fraud were to happen in your company, workers compensation for CT employers would have a grave effect on your employees.
So what is there to do then, as a business owner in Connecticut? Well to avoid a higher premium, you simply need to stop fraud once and for all. How do you go about doing that then? Well you need to complete the following:
• Report injuries as soon as they happen. The quicker you report, the faster the claim can be processed and the likelihood of fraud drops substantially.
• Make sure that your managers, supervisors and employees are not only aware of this issue, but fully trained in how to handle a situation like this if one were to occur.
• If there is even the most remote of suspicion, investigate it. Better safe then sorry, as Grandma always says!
• That injury which occurred in the office, and apparently there were no witnesses? Yeah, you should look into that.
• Make sure to conduct background checks on incoming employees. If they have a history of claims or injuries to their name, you probably don’t want them on your team.
Don’t ever forget that any claims made that you are not sure about, you can always contact our agency. We would be more than happy to go over the claim and make sure it is legitimate. We wouldn’t want your CT workers compensation premium to skyrocket! As always, you can also contact us for a free workers comp quote, too.