So I was watching the Daytona 500 yesterday, and I couldn’t help but think about the incredible speed at which the drivers were traveling. Seriously, 200 mph?! That’s crazy, I know. What’s even more crazy is the fact that these drivers are doing this for almost four hours. Anyone who says these guys aren’t athletes is just plain wrong!
But in any event, the reason why I want to discuss the Daytona 500 is because I can’t help but think about CT auto insurance! Why? Well, hopefully you aren’t driving down Interstate 84 at over 185 mph! But chances are, you have found yourself with a lead foot and had that speedometer above 80 mph. Now we obviously don’t have to tell you how unsafe that is, but moreover, if you’re pulled over for speeding, then your CT auto insurance rates are almost guaranteed to increase!
According to insurance.com, receiving just traffic ticket for speeding and/or reckless driving can increase your insurance rates as much as 22 percent! Want to know how other violations will increase your rates? Take a look below:
- Reckless driving: 22 percent
- DUI first offense: 19 percent
- Driving without a license or permit: 18 percent
- Careless driving: 16 percent
- Speeding 30 mph over the limit: 15 percent
- Failure to stop: 15 percent
- Improper turn: 14 percent
- Improper passing: 14 percent
- Following too close/tailgating: 13 percent
- Speeding 15 to 29 mph over limit: 12 percent
- Speeding 1 to 14 mph over limit: 11 percent
- Failure to yield: 9 percent
- No car insurance: 6 percent
- Seat belt infractions: 3 percent
So I can’t speak for everyone, but I know that when I look at those increases, it sure makes me rethink how fast I want to drive the car the next time I’m out on the road. I get my speed fix from the comfort of my couch and watch next week’s race in Phoenix!