A fire in your home can be one of the worst tragedies that any family can go through. Fires can claim whole homes, prized possessions, and a multitude of other items that you hold near and dear to your heart. This is why having a fire safe house is so vital, especially during these dry winter months. Make sure your home is covered with CT home insurance in case a fire does occur, so you won’t lose your entire life savings attempting to rebuild your livelihood.
Simple precautions can be taken to prevent house fires- in fact, they’re a lot easier to prevent than one would think. FEMA has constructed many anti-fire campaigns in order to inform and protect citizens against the dangers of house fires.
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors every six months
- Make sure all fireplace embers are completely out before heading to bed
- DO NOT leave any embers outside on a porch or deck, as these can easily catch fire
- Have a fire escape plan that everyone in the house knows
- Make sure all candles are extinguished before bedtime
- All electrical outlets should have the correct plugs inserted in them, and not overworked by multiple power strips
- Turn all stove burners off immediately after use
Hopefully these few common sense tips will prevent a possible fire in your home today. You never, ever want to mess around with fire in the house, that’s why taking these precautions is so vital, not only to your home, but your loved ones that live inside. Be smart and stay safe when dealing with fire.