Unfortunately summer is coming to a close in Connecticut. September is right around the corner and soon the leaves will begin to fall. Now is the perfect time to plan that last camping trip of the season, and we have some great tips to get the most out of it!
- Create a Checklist: There is nothing worse than hiking all the way to your campsite unpacking everything and realizing you forgot something, like matches. The first way to get the most out of your camping trip is not to forget anything! Start by making a list a couple weeks before you plan to head out and cross reference it with example checklists online. This way you won’t forget a thing.
- Try Some New Recipes: S’mores, hot dogs, and popcorn are classic campfire treats, but step it up with some gourmet options. You can make an incredible amount of delicious foods in foil packs. Do some online research and plan your grocery list accordingly.
- Take Plenty Of Photos: We are sure you will have a great and memorable camping trip, but memories often fade. Take pictures of your trip so you can relieve all the fun you had years later.
- Don’t Forget Sunscreen and Bug Repellent: While we hope this is on your checklist, nothing ruins camping memories more than having it overtaken by a bad sunburn or hundreds of mosquito bites!
- Bring Activities: If you are traveling with kids or even as a small group, preparing nighttime activities around the campfire will fill the hours between swimming, hiking, and fishing. Pack cards, a list for charades, and more!
Camping is an American pastime, and a great excuse to get away from all the stress at home. You are completely unplugged and present to spend time with your family or your friends. Use some of our tips to make the most out of your next camping trip, and let us know if you have any ideas to add to our list. Have a wonderful rest of the summer.