Fire up that grill! May is National BBQ Month! The month of May is great for cook outs and BBQs, especially with Memorial Day right around the corner. As a homeowner, it is important that you are ready to fire up that grill, safely of course! It is also important to make sure you are covered for a busy summer season. Grilling and cookouts are fun but can be risky, too. Luckily, our Connecticut insurance agency has a few safety tips to offer, as well as reliable coverage!
• Make sure your grill is set up far enough away from your home to avoid a fire.
• Inspect the grill for any gas leaks, cracks or holes.
• Be extra cautious when using a charcoal grill, especially when you go to light the coals.
• Do not leave the grill unattended while you are hosting a party, especially if there are children and animals around.
• Make sure you purchase and use the proper grilling utensils and tools for your own safety.
• Do not grill while intoxicated.
Keeping these safety tips in mind, you should not have a problem grilling for your friends and family this season! What better way to celebrate National BBQ month?
Another great way to stay safe this season? Make sure your home insurance is ready for the worst case scenario! Be sure to touch base with our Connecticut insurance agency and we would be happy to look over your coverage. If you need more, we will provide you with a free quote!