Local retailers hope the “buy local” movement gains momentum during the holiday season. We hope you think about your community and decide to put your community first! How we do that? Support the local mom and pop shops in your community along with avoid purchasing anything on the internet because Remember not 1 cent remains in your community. Here are 10 great reasons why I believe in the “buy local ” movement:
1. You have kept dollars in our economy For every $100 you spend at one of our local businesses, $68 will stay in the community. What happens when you spend that same $100 at a national chain? Only $43 stays in the community.
2.You embraced what makes us (our community) unique You wouldn’t want your house to look like everyone else’s in the U.S. So why would you want your community to look that way?
3. You created local jobs Local businesses are better at creating higher-paying jobs for our neighbors and our towns people.
4. You helped the environment Buying from a local business conserves energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation, less packaging, and products that you know are safe and well made, because we stand behind them.So buy purchasing local you have gone GREEN and thats a good thing.
5. You nurtured your community We know you, and you know us. Studies have shown that local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains. Remember who gives back to the Little Leagues,Sunday basketball,town soccer teams etc… Yes it is the local businesses who support these activities.
6. You conserved your tax dollars Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money available to beautify our community. Also, spending locally instead of online ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested where they belong—right here in your community! It can ONLY help your community and its tax base.
7. You created more choice We pick the items we sell based on what we know you like and want. Local businesses carry a wider array of unique products because we buy for our own individual market. They to support small businesses.
8.You took advantage of our expertise You are our friends and neighbors, and we have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. We’re passionate about what we do. Why not take advantage of it?
9. You invested in entrepreneurship Creativity and entrepreneurship are what the American economy is founded upon. Nurturing local business en- sures a strong community. Remember small businesses are the back bone of the American economy.
10.You made us a destination The more interesting and unique we are as a community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors and guests. This benefits everyone in our community.